May 04 on Rare Frequency
This week things take a geographical turn as RF takes you on a sonic journey ‘round the world, courtesy of the wonderful Sound Transit site. We’ll then do something constructive with Holger Hiller and Thomas Fehlman’s 1982 interpretation of Paul Hindemith’s 1930 operetta for children, “Wir Bauen Eine Stadt” (We Build A Town). This was a rare, cassette-only recording that’s just been reissued on Felix Kubin’s Gagarin Records and it’s a real treat!
As for what else is in store, now’s neither the time nor the place. Tune in Thursday night.
Note: comments are closed after thirty days.
Recent Site Additions
- ISABELLA Live on RF, August 25, 2016 in "Featured"
- Philip Sulidae
An High Land (dontcaresulidae) CDr in "Reviews"
- Playlists Now on Spinitron in "Playlists"
- 2016 (so far) in "Top ( ) Lists"
- KFW's Hugh Tracey Collage-Mix in "Found"
- Music Resources & Sonic Miscellany in "Links"
- Photo: Asher Live on Rare Frequency 04.13.06 in "Miscellaneous"
- Podcast 61 in "Podcasts"
Syndicate this site:
Visit the archive for more news…